Ok, so I’ve tried five recipes I think. The one that came with the Pampered Chief cookie press gave me carpal tunnel (slightly kidding here, but you get my point) and others tasted bad or also sucked in the cookie press. So I got a book from the library that is a cookie swap cookbook and it’s awesome! And it’s also July, so don’t ask why I put this book on hold, good thing I did though!
Look at these beauties! And it was so so so so easy to press them out. You get that first crap cookie after you fill the press up but you just pick it up off the cookie sheet and throw it back in the dough bowl.
Yield 96 cookies
- 2 cups butter (4 sticks), softened
- 1.5 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350.
I keep my butter in the freezer, so the night before and took it out and let it sit on the counter overnight. Since it was 85 in my house, I had nice soft butter in the morning.
Place the butter and sugar in your mixer bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
Add in the vanilla and almond extract and beat until mixed in.
Slowly add the salt and flour (one cup at a time) on a low speed until just mixed. Don’t over mix the dough.
On an UNGREASED cookie sheet press cookies. Bake at 350 for 10ish minutes until golden brown around the edges. Remove from pan and cook on a cooling rack.
- To load cookie dough easily into the press, I use a cookie scoop and load it up and then pull the trigger and it easily just drops into the barrel of the press.
- I tried pressing these onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets but it was making the paper pull up with the press and it was just a hot mess. Look at the amount of butter in the recipe, don’t worry, they come off the pan easily.
- Cookies stick easier from the press onto the pan if the pan is hot. Those first two batches were a pain in the
assbutt but then once I had hot sheets from the oven, they were a lot easier.