This recipe is from Jen’s Fit Playground and is one of her free recipes. I really love peanut noodles and I really prefer them cold so this was a great option for lunch for the week. I just changed a few things up from her recipe.
Makes 4 servings
- 8 oz whole wheat spaghetti
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1.5 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbs organic chunky peanut butter
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 4 stalks green onions
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 large peeled carrot
- 1 cup broken broccoli
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp Bragg’s Amino Acid’s or soy sauce
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat large skillet over medium. Add oil. Cube chicken and saute in oil for 3-5 minutes until nearly cooked through. Be sure to stir so all sides are coated.
- Slice onions, grate carrots, and chop broccoli.
- Add ginger, garlic, carrots, water chestnuts and peas (not the green onions) to the pan and stir. Heat through for a couple of minutes. Add chicken broth, lime juice, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and peanut butter and stir til combined.
- Add in cooked pasta. Coat lightly, cover, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for another 5-10 minutes until ready to serve.
- Top with sliced green onions
- Either serve right away or put into 4 individual contains and put in the fridge for lunch.
- Calories 292
- Total Fat 7.52g
- Sodium 309.69mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4g
- Sugars 2.22g
- Protein 32.21g