That’s how long it took me to put together this meal (which wasn’t even for us, it was for a family we are friends with) from start to finish. I also had 3 boys under the age of 3 and I was the supervising adult. Maybe because I’m a math person, but I like to plan out in my head, or sometimes on paper, the fastest way to do dinner from start to finish. This is how this was done:
- Roll grill out of the garage and preheat
- Set oven to 375 degrees
- While the above are preheating, peel and cube sweet potatoes, toss with spices and spread on a baking sheet
- Spread herbs for chicken on a large plate and press the chicken onto the herbs
- By the time the two previous steps are done, both oven and grill are preheated. Put ‘tatoes in the oven, chicken on the grill.
- Set oven timer for 12 minutes
- Make cucumber salad
- *12 minute timer goes off so get off facebook* go flip chicken and take green beans with you to put in the grill basket
- Reset timer for 12 minutes
- Check to see if all children are alive and well
- Chop up mango and strawberries. Make honey laced greek yogurt,
dumppour on top
- *12 minute timer goes off* go get the chicken and green beans and take the sweet potatoes out of the oven
Done! Dessert and dinner is done! See, down to a science. Chicken takes about 10 minutes on each side, sweet potatoes need 25 minutes. Do all the non-cooking stuff AFTER all the cooking stuff is going.